Websites with Impact
One of our websites got the author a gig on the Travel Channel’s The Dead Files! If you want that kind of far-reaching exposure, read on.
First, you need to get some info and visual assets together.
• A registered domain and website hosting plan. To make it easier, we can do this for you. You can indicate your preference in our Questionnaires when the time comes.
• Your headshot or group shot, 5×7” at 300 dpi (1500 x 2100 pixels) for headshots and 7×5″ at 300 dpi (2100 x 1500 pixels). For tips and tricks, go here.
• Accent photos, product/service photos, personal photos, anything of visual interest. Make sure you own the rights to any image you use. We recommend unsplash.com for visually arresting, royalty-free images.
• Color preferences.
• Your bio. Tips and tricks for author bios here. For general bios, go here.
• If you’re an author and already published, whether traditional or indie, high-res images of your book covers, back-cover blurbs, and a few of your best reviews.
• Best reviews of your business/organization.
• Your social media URLs.
• The URLs of some websites you like.
Websites we’ve designed
(Semi-) Technical Information
Content Management System
We use WordPress exclusively. Easy to use, open-source, constantly updated.
Don’t want to learn the backend of your website? Let us update and maintain your website for a nominal monthly fee.
If you’re a do-it-yourselfer, our tutorials will walk you through how to update and maintain your site yourself.
We use Divi from Elegant Themes. Versatile, well-supported, and responsive and great-looking on any device.
Our Exhaustive Website Design Questionnaires
Once you have all your goodies together, you’ll fill out our author questionnaire or general questionnaire, in which we gather information about you, your writing or business, and your design preferences.
“Lisa at Brainstormes Creative helped build my website using fragments from a long abandoned project. As an author, she understands the need for branding and message discipline. She was responsive, intuitive and spot on with my requests. The end result was a website that exceeded my expectations and helped me launch my project.”
“I had a web site, but it was getting old. I looked at other people’s sites, and mine just wasn’t competitive. After considering different web site designers, I decided to ask Lisa to do an upgrade. In short, she totally surpassed my expectations. She’s great to work with, has a good artistic eye, is knowledgeable, and charges very fair rates. My new site looks great and does everything I need. I’m competitive again! Thanks, Lisa.“
Let’s Work Together
Let us take one more thing off your to-do list.